MDA STEM ED
Event: MDA STEM Education Development Summer Workshop
Workshop Dates: July 7-12, 2019
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
MDA STEM Education Development (STEM ED) is a formal professional development program for K-8 educators. STEM ED begins with a week-long summer workshop during which educators explore STEM concepts in real-world contexts and develop STEM-related instructional activities aligned with state standards and rooted in research-based pedagogical strategies. Workshop activities include:
- STEM concept presentations and hands-on sessions with subject matter experts
- Educational excursions
- Demonstrations of STEM experiments and emerging technologies
- Discussion of research-based strategies for STEM instruction
- Standards-aligned instructional activity development
- STEM educational kits for classroom use
Following the workshop, MDA STEM professionals and university partners will continue to support participants throughout the school year as they implement STEM instructional activities. STEM ED participants accrue a minimum of 40 professional development contact hours toward teacher recertification.
Selected applicants will be notified no later than May 7.
STEM ED Resources:
- Educator Application Packet
- Professional Reference Form
- DoD STEM Blog: "MDA STEM Program Office Hosts Inaugural STEM Education"
Please direct any questions to STEMOutreach@mda.mil.