The Missile Defense Agency's (MDA) mission is to develop and deploy a layered Missile Defense System to defend the United States, its deployed forces, allies, and friends from missile attacks in all phases of flight.
National Defense Authorization Act
It is the policy of the United States to maintain and improve an effective, robust layered missile defense system capable of defending the territory of the United States, allies, deployed forces, and capabilities against the developing and increasingly complex ballistic missile threat with funding subject to the annual authorization of appropriations and the annual appropriation of funds for National Missile Defense. National Defense Authorization Act (Public Law 114–328)
MDA Strategic Goals
In order to achieve our mission, the MDA is dedicated to the following goals:
- Support the warfighter.
- Prove the power of missile defense through testing.
- Continue development and fielding of the integrated Ballistic Missile Defense System for homeland and regional defense.
- Team approach to agency operations.
- Optimize available resources.
- Inspire professional excellence.
- Foster a supportive environment for a diverse and professional workforce.
- Implement National Security Strategy through international cooperation in missile defense.
- Capitalize on the creativity and innovation of the nation's universities and small business community.
Our core values define the MDA culture and set the tone for our workforce:
- Respect: Mutual for each other with dignity
- Teamwork: We accomplish more helping each other than as individuals
- Dedication: To our nation and our missile defense mission
- Integrity: In all things, all the time
- Professionalism: Strive for it in all you do